- The Case Against Islam -
objections against Islam (from a western perspective) are several:
- The Quran values women at half the value of a man for inheritance.
- A man can a divorce a woman at will, but a wife cannot divorce a
man except under very limited circumstances.
- A husband can beat his wife for refusing sex with him.
- A Muslim man can marry Jews and Christians, but a Muslim woman
- A woman accusing a man of rape must have four witnesses
corroborating her accusation.
- A women must be fully clothed and were a a veil in public.
- A woman must not display her hair in public (too sexy.)
- A man can have up to four wives, and an unlimited number of
concubines (slave girls), but a woman can only have one husband.
- There is no "age of innocence" for females. A Muslim man may
marry a female, or take female slave, at any age. Marriage (and
consummation of marriage) is common at age 9 or 10, and even younger for
- Apostasy has a death penalty. A person born into Islam, or
converted to Islam, can not ever leave Islam. The penalty of
converting to another religion, or renouncing Islam, is death.
This is absolute anathema to western
Freedom of Expression
- Heresy has a death penalty. A person, Muslim or not,
criticizing Islam must be killed. This applies to any kind of
criticism, or even a different interpretation, no matter how mild.
This is another absolute anathema to
- As an example, I witnessed in the Sudan a young Muslim cleric who
stated "We must understand Islam in the light of what we know today, not
what was known in Mohammed's time." Now, that is a statement that
almost every westerner would agree with, and endorse. Yet, in Islam,
it brought not just condemnation, but death to that cleric.
Freedom of Association
- The Quran, in the late phase, commands the Muslim not to take
Christians, Jews, or other infidels, as friends -- so as not to be
corrupted by them. There is only one exception to that -- when the
Muslim needs to deceive the infidel in order to conquer him.
- The Quran condones (allows) slavery. Especially when
captives are taken in battle, and especially non-Muslims. We see this
today with Boko Haram, and ISIS/L.
- Deception has its own page because it is such an important factor for
non-Muslims trying to deal with Muslims, who basically cannot be trusted
to keep their word, much less any agreement, contract, or treaty.
- Violence has its own page
because the great number of Quran verses listed which support terror and
extreme violence towards non-Muslims.